This Week’s Loves and Links
It’s been another long weekend here in Germany. Thursday was the last of so many public holidays this time of year. I have a love/hate relationship with these days off. Of course it’s wonderful to spend time with friends and family, but as a self-employed mom it means trying to fit 5 days of work into 3 (or 4) days over and over again in May and June while the kids are off from school. Oh well, we’ve had a fun couple of days and that was the last one until October.
Anyway, it’s summer love again this week and here are a few things I have found….
- Could someone please come to my home and bring this fruit plate? Not only is the fruit alone completely drool-worthy, but there is pesto-dipped mini buffalo mozzarella in the middle and a bit of honeycomb on the side. Yummmm!!
2. I love Kate from The Small Things Blog, she is the queen of the casual and cool, slightly messy up-do. Usually when I try her hair tutorials though, my much longer dark hair just doesn’t look as great as her’s. But I tried this stacked reverse french twist hair tutorial and I loved the way it turned out. It sounds really complicated, but it’s not at all.
3. Here is an easy DIY terrarium I would like to do. Would be fun to make a bunch of these and fill with cacti, as they are the big trend this summer.
4. And here is a not so easy DIY kid’s backyard theatre. This is one I can dream of building, but never will, not least because it wouldn’t fit in our garden.
5. And here is a fun gallery showing you how to style Ikea furniture for a high/low mix. I was at Ikea this week buying shelving for my office. I wish I had the chair above to put in front of my desk!
Have a wonderful weekend!